Photo credits: SA Décor
After the judges diligently made their rounds through all the stands at 100% Design it was time to announce the winners. The awards evening took place at the Clout café designed by Studio Leelynch and fired up by Nando’s, an ideal setting for an exciting awards evening that showcased South Africa’s leading designers and innovators.
The awards included sections such as lighting design, textile design, best stand design and designer of the year. See them all here:
- Best Lighting Design: Memphis Lighting Collection by Wiid Design and Ceramic Matters.
- Best Surface Design: MaXhosa wallpaper by Laduma Ngxokolo.
- Best Textile Design: Ronel Jordaan.
- Best of 100% New Talent: Sifiso Shange of Afrimodern in collaboration with John Vogel.
- Best Furniture Design: Preservation Bench by Houtlander for AHEC.
- Best Product Design: Raw Studios for Inhouse.
- Best Stand: Wolkberg and Jacobs Collection.
- South African Designer of the Year: Awarded jointly to Mpho Vackier of The Urbanative and Thabisa Mjo of Mash. T Design Studio.
We are super proud to be recognized in this way as part of a group of individuals and businesses that are innovating within the SA design industry.